Village Council elections will be happening soon. The nominees will be announced at the October meeting, and voting will occur in November with the elected officials taking office in January 2018. This year, elections will occur for the positions of President and Treasurer. If you are interested in running for either position, please contact Leo Yakutis at email@example.com.
The duties of the President according to the bylaws include:
1. Shall have general charge of the affairs of the organization.
2. Shall preside at all meetings of the Council and of the Board.
3. May sign or endorse checks in the absence of the Treasurer.
4. Shall serve ex officio, as a non-voting member of all committees.
5. Shall see that resolutions of the Board are implemented.
The duties of the Treasurer according to the bylaws include:
1. Shall have charge and custody of all monies of the organization.
2. Shall expeditiously deposit these monies in the organization’s bank account.
3. Shall disperse these monies as directed by the Board and/or Council.
4. Shall present a financial summary to the Board at each of its regular meetings.
5. Shall submit a detailed report through the last day of December for inclusion in the Annual Report to be distributed to the Council at the Annual Meeting.
6. Shall retrieve and distribute the mail from the PO Box.
For more information on Sayler Park Village Council nominations and elections, please see Article IX of the Village Council Bylaws.